Thursday 24 October 2013

Songs I'm really glad weren't written about me...

Ever wished you’d been immortalised in song? I know I have. Quite what would be sung about me I have no idea – I don’t do much worth talking about, let alone singing – but I’d hope it would be a song about how awesome I am, or how much someone loves me.

But… while it would be wonderful to hear songs extolling your virtues, what about the flip-side? 


Whether it’s relating a tragic tale, a horrible situation, or simply calling someone out for being a prick, here’s my pick of songs I’m really glad weren’t written about me.


*Not including The Hurricane by Bob Dylan, or Strange Relationship by Prince, as YouTube ain't having it. Grrr.

Delia's Gone - Johnny Cash

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Jeremy - Pearl Jam

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Gary Gilmore's Eyes - The Adverts

For iPhone/iPad click here.




He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss) - The Crystals

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Unhappy Birthday - The Smiths

For iPhone/iPad click here.



The Kindness of Strangers - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Mr Ambulance Driver - The Flaming Lips

For iPhone/iPad click here.



Your Racist Friend - They Might Be Giants

For iPhone/iPad click here.

I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day now...

Your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment