Saturday 2 January 2016

2015's most and least loved

2015 was probably my least prolific reading year ever. It turns out that having to work hard for long hours while also trying to sell a flat and buy a house and just generally being tired all the damn time can do a bit of a number on your reading life. I plan to rectify this in 2016.

Looking back over my ratings for the year, I was either feeling not my usual, grumpy self or I read a surprisingly high number of great books this year (I think it might have something to do with being less click-happy during free romance and supernatural ebook offers). As I love a good list, here's my top ten loved and...not so much:


Loved:
1. Just Kids - Patti Smith
2. Galapagos - Kurt Vonnegut
3. The Tell-Tale Heart - Edgar Allan Poe
4. Helter Skelter - Vincent Bugliosi
5. In The Kingdom of Ice - Hampton Sides
6. The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) - Brandon Sanderson
7. Rasputin - Edvard Radzinsky
8. The Fortune of War - Patrick O'Brian
9. Prince Lestat - Anne Rice
10. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Not so much:
1. The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart - Jesse Bullington (did not finish after nearly vomiting in one squelchy part too many, and sent it to someone else)
2. Drowning Mermaids - Nadia Scrieva
3. Secret Lives - Gabriella Poole 
4. Graveyard Shift - Angela Roquet
5. Rogue's Honor - Brenda Hiatt
6. Ivanhoe - Sir Walter Scott
7. Goblin Market - Christina Rosetti
8. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishigiro
9. The Big Sleep - Raymond Chandler
10. The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England - Ian Mortimer


How about you? What were your picks of 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment